21 Jan 2009

plodding along...

It's the middle of the week again and I'm just making, making, making. The plan is to make 3 pairs of long earrings, a ring and 6 pendants today. Might be a touch ambitious, but I'll try. I've got some new necklaces to put pendants on - silver cable which is quite sleek and sky blue silk which is nice for a splash of colour. I'll be putting sapphires on a pendant to go with the blue silk necklet. That'll take a while before it's actually completely finished because I need to send the pendants to get hallmarked without the stones in yet. Which means I have to collect a decent amount of things to get hallmarked because there's a minimum cost so it's much more expensive per item if I send only a couple of things at a time.
Also have a custom job coming up - some lace imprint cuff links in a different shape. Photos to follow...
Other than that, just plodding along. Well, I will go to my first proper meeting of the Berkshire Designer Jewellers on Friday, so I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: