28 Jan 2009

blades and ants

So the day before yesterday I was working and *ping* my saw blade broke. Ok, put another one on. *ping* it broke just from the tension of setting it in the saw! That's a new one! A bad new one - saws should not be that wimpy, especially when they are not a fine grade. So, another one...saw, saw, saw, *ping*......grr....and so on....12 blades broke! TWELVE! So I concluded that they were poor quality blades. So I've bought some new blades, which I thought would arrive today but haven't yet. Which randomly made me think about blades. Saw blades, blades of grass, razor blades, and roller blades. The last of these, I feel, is conceptually quite loose... I mean, all other blades are sharp, or have a sharp edge. Roller blades do not. But they are in comparison to roller skates. So, interesting choice. And interesting connection made in the head of some marketing person, since I assume roller blades are pretty new and the name is a marketing tag (because they are also called in-line skates).
Ants...I don't like 'em. But I do like these ceramics:

Also I really like this elegant little flower vase:

5 comments:

Lina said...

Right, I get the connection between saw blades and roller blades, but where does the ants come in?

Lina said...

Ignore me, ants are on pots and I'm being blind ;-)

Lina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
machi said...

:-) i was wondering what you meant...

Lauren Denney said...

love the ants on the ceramics...and the black vase is pretty nice too! thanks for the feature.