17 Jan 2008

I'm quite picky when it comes to liking stuff. I don't like knick-knacks. I don't like frou-frou. I don't like kitsch. I can appreciate it - there is a time and a place for everything. Way back when I lived in Pittsburgh I went to this club every once in a while called the Lava Lounge. One day a week they had this Elvis impersonator who had a keyboard, a stuffed monkey rigged up to dance around next to the keyboard, and a really bad monotone "Elvis" in a tatty old costume. The floor was filled with moth-bitten funny old masks - including an elephant head mask. It was, in a warped kind of way, perfect. It was entertaining and fun. It shouldn't have worked, but it did.

Anyway, so I'm picky. So I don't usually see stuff that often that I *really* like lots. But these cards from an Etsy seller are just brilliant. They look completely professional and yet are very personal. I just love the clean look and the potential to get just the right card - something you could never find with a mass-produced card. The seller is Storeyshop and this is an example of one of her cards:

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Just remembered about your blog again! Pretty pretty.

Congrats on 24 etsy sales, that is fabulous!

Miss you x