12 Dec 2007

I thought I would drag out some photos of a commission I did...for my mom :-) My mom found a pearl that matched her dress for my sister's wedding. The idea was to make a ring with the pearl...and this is what I came up with:


The photo below is of the first pearl ring that I made. I made it ages ago, I think at least 2 years ago, when I was still taking classes. I remember that I was taking classes because I had a panic that I had lost the pearl. I was working at the bench in the workshop and had the pearl sitting on a dark surface, so I accidentally left it in the classroom. I got home and couldn't find it, so major panic! I went to the school at some crazy early hour the next morning and had the janitor guy let me in the workshop - and there was the pearl, exactly where I had left it!! oops!!!

No comments: