8 Jul 2009

cocktails

I'm working on a modern version of the cocktail ring. It's got the same ethos but it's sleeker and more slimline. It's going to take me a while, because it's a commission that will be done in gold, but eventually there will be photos.
It's gloomy again today, which isn't great but at least it's cooler inside, which is better for soldering!
I've also been painting my display unit and so it's getting closer and closer to being finished. Just a wee bit more work on it to go.
I spoke to my jewellery mentor this morning and got lots of useful tips about setting stones and also about getting stones out of old rings! I've been struggling to get some stones out of a ring that the owner wants reset in something else. Eventually I got them all out with a combination of snips, sawing and gravers. Pf, took about 2 hours just to get the stones out! Who knew that could take so much time.
Anyway, so I'm working on various bits & bobs and shall hopefully have more photos to show soon.

No comments: