24 Jun 2009

new new and so on

Many new things afoot for MagpieNest, most of them long term plans. It's going to be a busy year with lots of ideas finally being realised. I have loads of ideas, but it takes time (a lot of it) to make the items and then get everything around it all properly ready. As you can see over on the right side of this page, I have lots of craft fairs coming up in the autumn. I'm also increasing the number of shops that carry my items. I will be putting a 'commissions' page on my website because that is becoming an increasingly large part of what I do. I have done commissions that are a design specified by the customer; I have also been asked to take stones from existing jewellery or just loose stones and make a new piece with the design up to me. I've made brooches and clip on earrings and toe rings and engagement rings and wedding rings. I've also made rings smaller and larger and necklaces longer and shorter. In short, I've been gaining a lot experience! So I'm now able to put a page on my website about commissions with confidence! I also know by now what I am not an expert at doing - but I know who to refer people to if they need unusual or other services.
I'm especially excited about my display unit for all the craft fairs. It's built and I just need to decorate it. I think it's going to look pretty darn good - it's different and it's friendly. It makes it easy for people to look and try on the jewellery while showing clearly that there are separate collections. I also have to make a backdrop for some shows and I have that finally planned out now and just need to purchase the pieces for that. I hope to have photos soon!!

No comments: