6 May 2008

What a fantastic weekend!! Picciolo is totally right, I did not need my waterproof shoes at the Real Ale festival. The summer has arrived! Hurrah! The Real Ale festival was great - we were there with a whole bunch of friends and conversation was great and the band that was playing was good but not too loud, so you could still hear each other. Saturday was relaxed. Sunday I dropped my jewellery off at the Barn Acre Gallery - what an idyllic setting - a lovely house and barn in a big open field with a beautiful stream down the bottom of the garden replete with weeping willow trees and chirping birds. A fantastic setting!! If you are in the area, well worth a visit during the open days even if you don't want to buy any art!! Although if you do, it looks like there is going to be a very good selection of various arts - paint, jewellery, and I think I spotted some pottery.
Yesterday was the birthday of a close friend and so we had a gorgeous afternoon just lazing on the patio of a lovely pub, the St George and Dragon in Wargrave - right on the Thames. We just watched the boats going up and down and had a supper relaxed afternoon.
This morning I saw my jewellery teacher and got her seal of approval for the wedding ring that I wrote so much about previously. I promise a photo tomorrow!!!
It's still beautiful weather today and it's supposed to stay like this all week! yippeeeee!!! :-)

No comments: